Wednesday, November 23, 2016

This is a fibromyalgia patient in New Zealand who, at age 22, has had the condition for five years.

"Her circadian rhythm has been compromised, meaning she cannot fall asleep until the early hours.She also experiences cognitive difficulties and memory loss, the "fibro fog". She began to take drugs to relieve the pain, but the side effects were overwhelming. Tramadol caused hallucinations and vomiting. One winter's night in Porirua, she was kicked off the train. "They thought I was a drunk kid," she said."

Full article at: Dispersing the fibro fog - understanding fibromyalgia.

And here are the more recent postings to the SSDRC facebook page:

Will I be approved for disability on my appeal?
Based on my age, is there any benefit in applying for disability?
Is it possible to get an SSI increase?
Disability can be won at the initial claim and reconsideration stages
How is the decision on a disability application made?
What makes you eligible for Social Security Disability or SSI?
What is the average time for an answer after a disability hearing?
Social Security considers End Stage Renal Disease to be a severe impairment
Can you qualify for Social Security Disability on the basis of fibromyalgia?
What medical disabilities Qualify for Disability Benefits?
How much time does it take to get an SSI Decision?
How to Prove you are disabled and Win your Disability Benefits
Who is eligible for SSI Disability?
If I don't get disability back pay, will I have to pay a lawyer fee?
What does Social Security consider to be a disability?




I am a former disability examiner and I publish the website Social Security Disability Resource Center, or SSDRC for short. I also maintain a facebook page for SSDRC (Social Security Disability Blog).

Archives for this blog.

Neither this blog, nor the facebook page, nor my website are affiliated with the Social Security Administration.